Shortly after building his boxing reputation Saturday night in the ring, undefeated Austin Deanda laid the foundation for his future with a different ring.

Deanda scored a unanimous decision over Chris Rollins in the main event of the “Night of the Nightmare” show at the sold-out Boonsboro Ruritan Club, leaving his opponent a bloody mess and upping his pro boxing record to a perfect 10-0.

But in contrast to the savage beating Deanda inflicted on Rollins, the 19-year-old showed his softer side when he dropped to one knee after the carnage and, in front of a cheering crowd, proposed to his girlfriend Bree Adams, who tearfully accepted.

It was a scene straight out of Hollywood and capped a fantastic night of boxing, compliments of Scott “Cujo” Sigmon’s Toe to Toe promotions.

Deanda said the plan to pop the question was months in the making.

“About three months ago, I thought long and hard about it, went and talked to Scott and he said it was a great plan, so that’s why I did it,” said Deanda, who is also trained and managed by Sigmon.

Saturday’s resounding win over Rollins, a seasoned pro with a notable resume, was the first time local boxing fans got a live look at Deanda, a 19-year-old from Amherst.

And he gave them a great show.

In a fight that was punctuated by taunts and digs by both boxers, Deanda methodically took control with an aggressive approach. He chipped away at Rollins in each of the eight rounds, landing sharp head shots and punishing body blows.

Rollins continually taunted the young pro, but Deanda answered each chirp with his own antics and at one point in the sixth round, during a flurry in the corner, he smiled and loudly yelled to Rollins, “I’m winning.”

By the end of Round 8, Rollins was a bloody pulp with blood oozing from his nose, mouth and above his right eye. All three judges scored it 80-72, using the 10-point-must system, meaning the winner of each round “must” be given 10 points, while the loser gets nine.

Deanda said he could have finished Rollins with a knock out, but wanted to work on his game.

“It wasn’t about the knockout for me, I could’ve knocked him out, but it wasn’t about that,” said Deanda, who came out of the fight practically unscathed. “He called me a rookie and I wanted to show him that I can play chess too. And checkmate!

“It was my first time fighting at home and I wanted to prove to everybody that I was a man of my city, so that’s what we did. The pressure was on me, but I took care of it like a man, like I’m supposed to.”

Deanda, who has only been boxing for about two years and goes by the nickname “Native Nightmare,” said he’s going to take some time before his next fight but he has been blown away by the success he’s had so far in his short career.

“I never thought I’d be here. It’s a great experience,” he said. “It’s an honor to have Scott, Dallas (Brewer) and everybody in my corner and everybody who came out and supported me.”

Saturday’s five-bout fight card got off to an inauspicious start when the opener between Owen “Cannon Hands” Hylton and Josh “Florida Boy” Aarons was stopped after just 1:39 in the first round when Aarons took a shot to the back of the head. The ref stopped the fight and the ring doctor, Alex Wilgus, talked with Aarons before ending the match.

It was ruled a No Contest, due to an unintentional illegal blow.

Hylton was stunned by the outcome.

“Look, I know I’m not the main event tonight but I know all of you showed up to support me and all the other fighters out there,” he said in the ring after the bout. “I just want to say thank you. I love boxing from the bottom of my heart and it’s changed my life for a multitude of reasons.

“Before I waked into this ring I was petrified. Petrified. I didn’t want to lose in front of 600 of y’all, at all. At all. But I know at the end of the day … on my last day, when I die, I will have no regrets. I could’ve lost tonight, and that would’ve been OK, but I know at the end of my life I’m following my dreams. And that’s what I want to tell every single one of you to do.”

That bout was followed by another quick one when Trey Billingsley scored a TKO over Rocky Mount’s Brain Maxwell at 2:05 in the first.

In fight No. 3, Roque Zapata and Ray Barlow went the six-round distance, with Zapata scoring a majority 2-1 decision in an action-filled fight.

In the co-main event, Justin “The Wolverine” Gunter scored a unanimous decision (40-36, 40-36, 39-37) over Kelvin Kibler in four rounds.