INDEPENDENCE — After a closed session, the Grayson County School Board approved several personnel items at its meeting June 13.
• Appointments: Dennis James and Jeffrey Berry, bus drivers; Tiffany Norman, accounts payable/insurance deputy clerk; Janis Qualheim, Ashley DeCarme and Katherine McCall, teachers.
• Reappointments: Sheila Richardson and Chloe Cox, teachers; Rhonda Halsey, part-time string music.
• Resignations: Tammy Duncan, Stephanie Kirby, Shelby Carver, Katie Thornton and Chance Widner, teachers; Maggie Borchgrevink, aide; Shirley Phipps, cafeteria worker.
• Retirement: Darlene Carico, teacher.
• Transfers: Haley Evans, teacher, from Independence Elementary to Fairview Elementary; Cody Widner, teacher, from Grayson County High School/Grayson Highlands to Grayson Highlands; Josh Wingate, teacher, from Grayson County High School to Fairview Elementary; Brandon Phillips, teacher, from Fairview Elementary/CATE Center to CATE Center/Independence Middle School.
Division Superintendent Kelly Wilmore approved and recommended the changes.
In other action at the meeting, the board scheduled the close-out meeting for the 2021-2022 school year for June 27 at 6 p.m. in the Independence Middle School cafeteria.
The date for the next regular school board meeting was changed from July 11 to July 18. The meeting will be held at 6 p.m. at the Independence Middle School cafeteria.